Arpentor Studio is a workers-owned company creating video games. We emphasize cooperation in order to create a work environment that is inclusive, caring and creative. Our goal is to create games that make you think, learn and grow. There are currently two of us:
- Adrian Gaudebert Programmer and Game Designer
- Alexis Caroff Art Director and Game Designer
- We maintain a work space that prioritizes the well-being of all members of our organization. That work space must be caring, inclusive, tolerant and encouraging diversity.
- We ensure that all members of the organization understand the reasons behind our decisions and our way of working.
- Any form of authority in the organization derives from the attribution of a role to a person. That authority is clearly defined and voidable.
- We refuse to exploit cognitive biases in order to encourage our public to pay more money than they intended to spend.
Our next game
Our first game as a studio will bring the replayability of a deck builder to the strategy of a city builder. You will build increasingly influent cities. Each card in your deck will represent a building to add to your city. You’ll be able to get new cards each turn, to improve your deck and thus your city. You will skilfully place your buildings to maximize their production. You will build many cities, until you create your very own nation!
Phytomancer is the first game that we’ve created and sold, along with Ana Maria de Jesus, Alexis Saler and Daydreel. It’s a strategy game in which you will defend nature against the invasion of pollution. Plant magic seeds to clean a cell up, grow a sturdy tree or accelerate the propagation of grass. Surround the polluting factories with nature to bring balance back to the world. The game contains 10 levels of increasing difficulty and is available for 3€ on itch.io.